Upgrading Your Appliances
A water heater is one of the most used household appliances. You will almost surely use hot water every single day that you have a water heating system. This means that your heater needs care and attention, otherwise it could be prone to premature failure. If you are interested in a water heating system that will last longer, work harder, and provide virtually more hot water, look no further than a tankless heating system. For more information about a tankless water heater installation in Pottstown, PA, contact Drainmen Plumbing Inc. We’re available now at 484 366 9362.
Tankless Water Heater vs Traditional
Hot water heaters and tanks are big investments. You will likely spend quite a bit of money purchasing, installing and maintaining one over the years. Today, many homeowners are switching from the more traditional option to tankless water heaters. These are high-output, highly-efficient appliances that are worth the investment. They are worth the money if you get the right one for your home.
A tankless water heater installation cost is not cheap, which can turn many consumers away. It is definitely more expensive than a roof flashing repair service, but don’t let that stop you! While a tankless heater is more expensive, the savings you can experience ultimately outweigh that initial expense. However, the only way you’ll experience those savings is with correct installation. When it comes to tankless systems, it is not recommended to attempt any DIY installation yourself. To learn more about these systems, we’d recommend contacting a reliable plumber to ask how is a tankless water heater installed. They will go over the details with you so you can determine what you want to do.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heater Installation
If you have been considering a tankless water heater for your home, there are a few things to consider. You will have more advantages in comparison, but there are also many things that may make this system more challenging. You are always welcome to contact anyone at Drainmen Plumbing Inc to go over your options.
- Compact: One of the best advantages of a tankless heater is the fact that it is smaller. This isn’t a large, bulky tank and system, but a compact and efficient one.
- Energy-Efficient: Since this system essentially heats water “on-demand”, there is virtually no stand-by loss. Meaning, there is no energy wasted having to keep water hot or to heat it up.
- Less Water Waste: Again, since water heats up “on-demand”, there is also less water waste. You aren’t running the tap, letting water drain away, waiting for it to heat up. A few seconds after turning on a faucet, you’ll have hot water.
- Unlimited Hot Water: Another great thing about a tankless system is that you basically have unlimited hot water. As long as you are operating within the means of your system, it will never run out of hot water.
- Lifespan: Probably the best benefit of a tankless system is the life-expectancy. More traditional water heaters have lifespans between 10-15 years. A tankless heater has about double that lifespan, going 20-years or longer.
Whether you need water heater repair services or you are looking to get a tankless water heater with installation, contact Drainmen Plumbing Inc. We are the experts you need for a project like this. While more traditional units can generally be installed without an expert, we do not recommend that for a tankless system. Instead, rely on us. We can help you have an effortless and efficient system in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a tankless water heater cost with installation?
- The overall cost will depend on a few things. A single unit may cost you about $1,000 while a whole house system could get all the way up to $3,000. On top of that, you need to factor in possible remodel, rewiring in your home, and more, all of which cause the cost to be so much.
- Can a homeowner install a tankless water heater?
- While traditional heaters are loved because of how easy they are install, the same isn’t always true for a tankless system. It is not recommended for a homeowner to attempt installation. There are several steps that will likely require a professional plumber for the job.
- What is the downside of a tankless water heater?
- One of the biggest drawbacks can be the lack of water. Often, homeowners choose the wrong size tankless heater which means it can’t always keep up with the demand for hot water. You may experience less or reduced hot water time.
- Why is tankless water heater installation so expensive?
- For the most part, tankless water heaters are expensive because they do require more for installation than typical heaters. You will likely need to rewire parts of your home, remodel to accommodate a smaller unit, and more. All of this adds up to a higher total cost.
- Do tankless water heaters need maintenance?
- Yes, they do! However, because of how effective and efficient they operate, tankless heaters often need less maintenance than a traditional one. That doesn’t mean you won’t ever have to provide maintenance, but it will likely be less than usual.
Call Our Team Today for More Information
Connect with Drainmen Plumbing Inc when you need a tankless water heater installation in Pottstown, PA. We are the experts to rely on. Dial 484 366 9362 to get started.