Cleaning and Maintaining Your Plumbing
If you are noticing drains that aren’t moving quickly anymore, you may have a clogged pipe on your hands. This is common in the kitchen and bathroom areas since there are a number of things that can easily collect and buildup in your plumbing. Many homeowners may be tempted to use things like chemical drain cleaners, but there are more effective ways of cleaning your pipes. A great way to effectively remove all traces of a clog in your plumbing is with hydro jetting. To schedule an appointment for hydro jetting in Pottstown, PA, contact Drainmen Plumbing Inc. We’re available at 484 366 9362.
Benefits of Hydro Jetting
What actually is hydro jetting? What does this mean? This is in reference to a plumbing process that involves high-pressure water directed through plumbing lines to completely and effectively remove all traces of a clog. This method is often more expensive than drain snaking, but that’s because it is more accurate than snaking. Ultimately, this is an investment and one that homeowners can really benefit from, especially if you are needing something like hydro jetting for the main sewer line.
- Thorough Cleaning: This is by far the most thorough cleaning that you can do for your pipes. Hydro jetting utilizes highly pressurized water to efficiently and effectively remove all traces of a clog, blocks, and more.
- Sanitary: Believe it or not, this pipe cleaning method is incredibly sanitary. Your main lines can harbor a number of germs and bacteria. With this cleaning option, all traces of harmful bacteria will be completely and thoroughly removed.
- Actually Effective: Using highly-pressurized water is actually effective at cleaning. This method has a proven track record of quickly and efficiently removing all traces of any clog. Unlike a drain snake which may only get a few bits, the high pressure of a jetting service will actually get everything.
- Preventative: Invest in hydro jetting to prevent future plumbing problems. As mentioned, this is a thorough cleaning method. All traces of clogs, blocks, and other issues will be removed which means that you won’t have to worry about a build up of issues.
So, is hydro jetting worth it? We certainly think it is. Utilizing this method allows for a complete cleaning of your plumbing lines, which in turn, can help reduce and prevent a number of problems. It won’t deal with an issue such as burst pipe repair in Pottstown, PA, but it can tackle a variety of common plumbing issues. To learn more, contact Drainmen Plumbing Inc today.
Hydro Jetting vs Snaking
There is, in fact, a difference between hydro jetting and drain snaking. With hydro jetting, a plumber is using a rod and feeding highly-pressurized water throughout a section of the plumbing, usually main lines. While drain snaking, you are still focusing on a specific section of the plumbing, but it’s usually closer to the house. Drain snaking is not as effective because it will not remove all traces of a clog, instead only removing bits and pieces. So which is better? It ultimately depends on your situation and your needs. Jetting is essentially pressure washing your plumbing and it’s incredibly effective, though it can be very harsh on older plumbing. Whereas drain snakes are good for removing surface-level clogs, however, it can easily scratch or damage the pipes as well. That in mind, everyone wants to know is hydro jetting safe? It absolutely is! Though it can be incredibly powerful, when used correctly, there should be no damage to your plumbing. This method will cost more than snaking a drain. It will probably be about as much as a gutter installation, so that’s something homeowners can use to budget for.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is hydro jetting safe for pipes?
- Yes, but there are certain circumstances in which hydro jetting would be good and bad. Older pipes that could be damaged, corroded, or rusted may be more likely to be damaged by the pressurized water, which is very powerful.
- How effective is hydro jetting?
- It absolutely is. This is a solution that has proven time and time again to be one of the most effective ways of clearing plumbing lines. While it can be aggressive, this method of cleaning is the most effective, thorough, and reliable.
- What does hydro jetting cost?
- It really will depend on how far down the line the clog is and other factors. However, most plumbers offer base rates between $350 and $600 for cleaning services. Contact your local plumber for more information.
- What does hydro jetting mean?
- This refers to a process of using highly pressurized water to clean and clear out the plumbing on your property. It is often used to remove clogs in your main water or sewer line.
- Can snaking a drain damage pipes?
- Yes, the wrong size or improper use of a drain snake can damage your plumbing. Drain snakes can result in significant damages such as scraping, puncturing, and more. No matter what the problem is, rely on a professional plumber to avoid serious problems.
Connect With Our Team for an Appointment
Schedule an appointment for hydro jetting in Pottstown, PA with Drainmen Plumbing Inc when you need expert services. Dial 484 366 9362 to get started.